Friday, May 31, 2013

HB2418 now in Gov Quinn's hands

It passed, it's crummy, and no way is it reform of the election process for the reasons cited here.  It's on Quinn's desk now so give him a call.

May 31, 2013
Dear Friend:
Because of my seat on the Executive Committee in the House of Representatives, I had many contacts asking for my opposition to HB2418. I opposed this legislation and it's amendments both in the committee and also when it came up for a vote before the full House yesterday. Both of the Senate amendments passed in the House though, and this legislation will now proceed to the Governor's desk. He has 60 days from the time he receives the bill to make a decision to support or oppose this legislation.
I urge you to call him regarding your concerns about this bill. He can be reached via phone at 217-782-0244 in Springfield, and at 312-814-2121 in Chicago.
Thank you for reaching out to me with your concerns and relevant comments about this issue.
Renée Kosel
State Representative - District 37

No comments: