Thursday, November 15, 2012

Kiva and Campton Hills

Via the DH on the proposed drug treatment facilities just down the road from me.  I have absolutely no issues with what Kiva’s proposing.  I think it can only be an asset for the community and region and I’m taken aback at the opposition to this service.  I hope the board does what’s right here and allows Kiva in.

A 96-bed drug treatment center proposed for Campton Hills gained a key recommendation from the plan commission last week, but people opposing the facility are not giving up.

Village trustees will meet Tuesday to discuss setting a future date to consider the Kiva Recovery Center, which is proposed for the 120-acre site formerly home to the Glenwood School for Boys on Silver Glen Road.

Village President Patsy Smith said Nov. 27 is a possibility for the Kiva meeting, but a decision will be made next week.

Foes want vote on proposed Campton Hills rehab center - DailyHerald.com

No comments: