*** Hanna points out correctly FP is the one area where Obama gets favorable polling.
*** Doug Bandow: What should a Conservative FP be?
- Core of Reagan's policy was we want to defend ourselves, and our limited government. Two things that can conflict.
- Danger's out there but not the same danger of the cold war.
- We're not focused on big things and big threats, but instead Nation Building. Our FP is disconnected from fundamental interests.
- Syria's awful stuff, but is US interests involved. Reagan's greatest mistake was going into Lebanon.
- It's hard enough to Social Engineer in the US. How do we do it overseas?
- American Conservative movement has always diverged FP.
- We should never neglect readiness regardless how we disagree on FP and Defense.
- We've been living off Reagan's rearmament for thirty years.
- Obama's going to cut, we need to rearm the force.
- What are the principles of American FP? Ought to be the founding ones. The Universality of our principles problematic. Get's is outside our boundaries.