Friday, May 18, 2012

Who needs the Rickett’s money when Rev Wright talks so freely?

No reason for the Mayor to talk tough about the Rickett’s when Rev Wright trashes the Prez without prompting. Rickett’s should spend those dollars on talking about jobs and that yet to appear economic recovery.  Wright will do his own revenge for having been tossed under the Obama bus in 2008.

The New York Post on Sunday published a conversation between Wright and Klein, the latest tidbit to come from the book. In it, Wright said once his fiery sermons surfaced during the 2008 campaign, he received an email asking him not to preach until after November:

“Who sent the e-mail?” I asked Wright.

“It was from one of Barack’s closest friends.”

“He offered you money?”

“Not directly,” Wright said. “He sent the offer to one of the members of the church, who sent it to me.”

“How much money did he offer you?”

“One hundred and fifty thousand dollars,” Wright said.

Wright said he was also visited by then-Senator Obama himself, who wanted to meet in secret.

“And one of the first things Barack said was, ‘I really wish you wouldn’t do any more public speaking until after the November election.’ He knew I had some speaking engagements lined up, and he said, ‘I wish you wouldn’t speak. It’s gonna hurt the campaign if you do that.’

“And what did you say?” I asked. “I said, ‘I don’t see it that way. And anyway, how am I supposed to support my family?’ And he said, ‘Well, I wish you wouldn’t speak in public. The press is gonna eat you alive.’

Book: Obama Team Tried to Pay Rev. Wright $150K to Keep Quiet Until After 2008 Election | TheBlaze.com

No comments: