Wednesday, February 29, 2012

Congressman Joe Walsh: “Where Do the Democrat Candidates Stand on the President’s Budget?”

Via Walsh for Congress.  Might add where does Senator Durbin stand too.

Congressman Walsh: “Where Do the Democrat Candidates Stand on the President’s Budget?”

Recently, President Obama unveiled his budget for the upcoming fiscal year.  This reckless spending spree will never receive my support but I do not know where my Democrat opponents stand.

Over the past few months, instead of discussing where they stand on the issues that matter to the people of the 8th district, my two potential opponents have criticized every vote I’ve made and every word I’ve said.  While the candidates have done everything in their power to avoid talking about the issues, the media has allowed this lack of clarity to persist by their failure to push them on this question.  Stories about fundraising, Super PAC’s and endorsements abound, but what about the issues?  And there is no bigger issue facing our great nation than the economy.   My question to them is simple: where do you stand on the President’s budget?

Once I had the chance to review the President’s budget, I came out immediately and explained why I strongly oppose the measure.  I now challenge both of the Democrat candidates to come out and explain where they stand.  Do they support the President’s budget, or do they agree with me, that this budget is once again an example of failed leadership by this President.

Tammy and Raja, please tell the voters where you stand.   The people of the 8th district deserve no less.

Joe Walsh for Congress » Congressman Walsh: “Where Do the Democrat Candidates Stand on the President’s Budget?”

No comments: