Saturday, July 02, 2011

Kane County Chronicle | Geneva mayor, others talk interest in top county job

Kane County Chronicle | Geneva mayor, others talk interest in top county job:

Kane County GOP seems close to a Lauzen v Oberweis repeat match (sadly) and while I think it's going to be a GOP year, another battle could easily had the board chair to a Democrat. Kunkel's not far off here about people tired of electing someone because of party.
"Kunkel, of Aurora, said a Democrat certainly would have a chance to be chairman.

“I think people are tired of electing someone because of a party,” Kunkel said. “We are really ready for some different leadership at the chairmanship level.”

Kunkel would not commit to putting herself forward for the position, but she did not say no.
“I am thinking about somebody running – not necessarily me,” Kunkel said. “I’m not saying I’m not. I want somebody to run for chairman, somebody who has good management experience. I am scouting about, trying to find the right person.”"

No comments: