Wednesday, November 03, 2010

Hultgren Statement On Tonight's Victory

A lot of hard work and phone calls prevails over a lot of Foster's money.
Congressman Foster called to concede approximately 15 minutes ago...

Hultgren Statement On Tonight's Victory

"Over the last 14 months, we've all worked tirelessly together in our fight to restore fiscal sanity, and our victory tonight was a testament to our American resolve for freedom, entrepreneurship, limited government, low taxes and economic growth.

"I am forever grateful for the unparalleled outpouring of support my family and I received during this endeavor, and I cannot stress enough the important role my supporters played in this election.

"This was also an important victory for the people of the 14th district. Despite millions of dollars of negative ads, our community rejected the negative politics of fear and lies, and focused on the issues of job creation and economic growth.

"Going forward, I want to reaffirm my commitment and vow to the people of the 14th Congressional District that this is their seat, and they are my boss. I look forward to working for them. I will listen to them.  And when they express your opinion and counsel and make their voice heard, I won't just hear, I'll listen. Public service is a sacred trust, and I will always expect to be held accountable."

- Randy Hultgren

No comments: