via Pakhtunkhwa Peace Forum
We strongly denounced the martyrdom of Dr. Farooq Khan a well known psychiatrist and an enlightened religious scholar who was killed by terrorists in Mardan. Dr. Farooq Khan was an enlightened religious scholar and he served Islam well and ...he wanted to take Muslims out of the present and prevailing quagmire. He had a feeling for the Muslims and wanted to bring them at par with other nations of the world. His services for the Muslims will be remembered for a long time to come. He was a vice chancellor of the Swat Islamic University and had started to rehabilitate those children who were suffered from the menace of extremism and terrorism. His death created a vacuum which will take a long time to be filled. We demand of the government to arrest the culprit and punish them for their such heinous crime against humanity. Dr. Farroq khan was a true son of this soil and his martyrdom exposed the true faces of terrorists who have only one agenda to kill.And his vision from Pakhtun.com,
My Vision and MissionI am humanist, Muslim, Pakistani and a Pakhtun. To strive for the well being of the whole humanity, to uphold the cause of Muslim Ummah and to exalt the dignity of Pakistan and Pukhtoons is my mission. There is no contradiction between their interests, provided every issue is seen with justice and fair play.
In my opinion there are ten basic values which should be honored by every individual, community, country and the whole mankind. These essential and fundamental values are:
- Human equality and democratic culture
- Hard work and thorough struggle
- Law abiding mentality
- Wisdom and patience
- Strong and well-coordinated welfare institutions for the down trodden classes.It is not possible for me to address the whole humanity so I address Muslim Ummah, Pakistan and Pukhtoons. In my opinion the degraded and helpless position of all the above three communities is because of the lack of the above ten fundamental values. We lagged behind in fulfilling and abiding all these values. Without honoring these values, we will not be able to survive as prestigious communities and nations.
The Muslims usually blame others for their plight, but in my view the internal factors are much more important than the external factors and once we overcome our weaknesses and shortcomings then the external world will become favorable slowly and steadily.
Development and dignity of Pakistan and the Ummah is based on the efforts to achieve these ideals and standards. It is very clear that a thorough struggle is needed in this regard. This struggle should be totally free from any kind of violence, sentimentalism and provocative rhetoric.
I always strictly follow the teachings of Quran, Sunnah, and my conscience in pondering over all the collective issues and problems facing us. In my opinion, the Muslim Ummah needs a comprehensive discussion and consensus on the following issues:
- Status of Women in Islamic Society
- The real instructions of Islam regarding Jihad and Qital
- The true perspective of Islamic teachings in crimes and punishment
- Islamic instructions regarding relations between Muslims and Non-MuslimsI have written a few books on these Issues e.g.:
- Jihad, Qital aur Aalam-e-Islam (Urdu)
- Islam Kya hai?(Urdu)
- Islam and Women (Urdu & English)
- Dialogue with the West (English)
- Kashmir Issue (Urdu & English)
- Ikkisween Saddi aur Pakistan (Urdu)
- Jadeed Zehan Kay Shubhat Aur Islam Ka Jawab (Urdu)
- Hudood aur Qisas wa Diyat Ordinance Ka Tanqeedi Jaiza (Urdu)In my opinion Muslim states must proceed according to the following four important points.This is my vision and the struggle for this purpose is the mission of my life.
- To bring democratic culture in Muslim states.
- To resolve all the disputes and conflicts through peaceful means.
- To dominate and inculcate the above mentioned ten basic collective values in their states.
- To make a serious and conscious advance in the field of science and technology.
- I have written extensively on the above issues.