Cook County Republican Party
Lee Roupas, Chairman
Contact: Jonathan Blessing
Phone: (312) 201-1599
FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE
Questions Chicago Media Should Ask Dan Hynes
at his Funder for Patrick Maher Tonight
(Cook County, Illinois) – Illinois State Comptroller Dan Hynes and his father, former Cook County Assessor Tom Hynes, are hosting a fundraiser for Democrat candidate for 17th District Cook County Commissioner Patrick Maher tonight in Chicago.
When Dan Hynes ran for Governor, he did so as a reformer. Hynes said it was important to tell Illinois residents the truth and that we need public officials with personal integrity.
We agree with the Dan Hynes the candidate. But we’re having a difficult time squaring that Dan Hynes with the Dan Hynes who is supporting and raising money for Patrick Maher.
We have some questions we respectfully submit members of the Chicago press corps should be asking Dan Hynes:
1. Comptroller Hynes, would you care to comment on media reports from Fox News Chicago, the Southtown Star, and the Daily Herald, detailing Patrick Maher’s false statements about his past criminal conviction on candidate questionnaires, his provision of a false birthdate on those same questionnaires, and his misrepresentation of his college education in furtherance of his attempt to cover up his criminal past?
2. Comptroller Hynes, as the Southtown’s Phil Kadner recounts, Patrick Maher’s lies about his criminal conviction seem to fit into a larger pattern of conduct with Mr. Maher that includes his tenure with the Orland Fire Protection District. Is this a pattern of behavior that would lead you to believe he should be elected to the Cook County Board?
3. Comptroller Hynes, the Orland Fire Protection District’s website has the following statement posted on it for prospective firefighters who seek employment, “There is no room for the thief, the cheat, or the deceiver of the public.” Wouldn’t Patrick Maher’s actions to date disqualify him from serving as an employee of the very district where he serves as the board president? If so, how can you support elevating him to the Cook County Board?
4. Comptroller Hynes, in light of his many false statements and in the interests of full disclosure, do you think Patrick Maher should produce a copy of his original state application for his real estate appraiser’s license so the public can see whether or not completed that application truthfully with respect to his previous criminal conviction?
5. Comptroller Hynes, if Patrick Maher were not a relative of yours, would you be supporting his candidacy?
Monday, September 20, 2010
Cook County GOP's Questions for Dan Hynes
Some excellant stuff from the ever excellant Lee Roupas.