Monday, November 09, 2009

Intolerant Fox: Illinois Governor's Race, short pants and zingers...

Never heard of IF before but she and I agree pretty much on Dan Proft. Here's what she says,
That brings me to Dan Proft. Proft definitely won the crowd. He was funny, quick on his feet, genuine, unrehearsed (or so good at it, it seemed unrehearsed) and brought me to my feet several times. I especially liked his comparison between IL politicians and the school bully demanding your lunch money at every turn. Exactly. If I could choose a candidate to run against Quinn, it would be Proft, but again...can he win? He's a little sarcastic. How will that play in the media? He'll make great soundbites. But they'll try to tear him apart. However, he's so quick with a comeback, they may not be able to and I like that. He's tough enough. That's what you have to be to make it in this town. I also thought he was believable. He echoed a lot of my own thoughts...Illinois isn't broken...it's FIXED! It's a racket! Then I went to his website and there's a section on there called "If the wig fits, wear it." LMAO...they're putting Blago's hair on people. Go look...it's hilarious. The best thing he said all night though was that we should pay state legislators in state bonds. Yes!

So congratulations Dan Proft. You not only won the debate but you may have won my vote. I say may because we have the others to consider. Jim Ryan is running, as is Andy McKenna. Neither showed up and so neither will be getting my vote, HOWEVER, if we don't narrow down this field we're going to end up with a Schillerstrom or a Ryan getting the nom because our votes are split between too many candidates. We have got to get together on this one and decide who we're going to support as a united group. If we allow our votes to go to all of them willy-nilly, it will just open the door for a "moderate" and we'll be in the same old situation.
The Illiois's GOPs ongoing Conservative v Moderate split and all the humbug about RHINOs and what-not leaves me cold. Proft's just got it right about Illinois being fixed and says it in plain straight-forward language that's gotta appeal to anyone who's felt had in this state. That's a lot of us.

2 comments:

M. Fox said...

hey! thanks for posting my article. why does the talk about RINOS bother you? RINOS like Mark Kirk, a man who has an indefensible voting record as bad or worse than most Democrats, cannot by any stretch of the imagination be called a conservative Republican. There is a problem in the GOP with them constantly supporting people who are nearly indistinguishable from liberal democrats!!! why would I support such people? If these "moderate" Republicans want to run...why don't they go run as a Democrat...they vote with them all the time anyway. We need a difference between the parties. Not one big melted wad of sameness that simply runs over the wishes of the people.

Bill Baar said...

Because I don't like labels much. Argue ideas, not labels....