Illinois State Board of Elections records shows since it began tracking contributions online, SEIU has given in excess of $12 million to Illinois political campaigns, including those of Governor Rod Blagojevich, Governor Pat Quinn, Secretary of State Jesse White, State Comptroller (and gubernatorial candidate) Dan Hynes, IL House Speaker (and Democratic Party Chairman) Mike Madigan and his top lieutenant Barbara Flynn Currie.
In addition, and perhaps very importantly, ACORN/SEIU campaign dollars played a huge part in several law enforcers' campaigns -- including Attorney General Lisa Madigan, a small amount in former Cook County State's Attorney Dick Devine, much more to current State's Attorney Anita Alvarez', as well as current Cook County Sheriff Tom Dart's.
ACORN/SEIU also helped a state candidate named Barack Obama on several occasions, beginning in 1995 and last listed to be in 2000, giving him $2750.
Below are ISBE contribution totals to these elected officials from the SEIU listings only:
Top elected officials
* Former Governor Rod Blagojevich -- $538, 963.00
* Current Governor Patrick Quinn -- $30, 750.00 (Quinn was endorsed last week by SEIU for governor over fellow Democratic candidate Dan Hynes)
* State Comptroller (and 2010 Democratic candidate for governor) Dan Hynes -- $38,200.00
* Secretary of State Jesse White -- $192, 427.00
* House Speaker Mike Madigan -- $97,450.00
Law enforcement officials
* Illinois Attorney General Lisa Madigan -- $223, 460.00
* Cook County Sheriff Tom Dart -- $107, 138.00
* former Cook County State's Attorney Richard Devine -- $1250.00
* Current Cook County State's Attorney Anita Alvarez -- $31, 433.00
Wednesday, September 23, 2009
Illinois Democrat's ACORN / SEIU links
via Illinois Review. Much more to come from this...