Monday, June 15, 2009

'Death to Dictator'; 'Change, Change';

I'm in a rush but clipped extensively from Winston's post. The last link has a huge list of powerful pictures.
Just talked via phone with a very close friend of mine in Tehran. He explained to me that the people in the streets are 'extremely angry' with the entire system. Though he pointed to me that if the regime resorts to more violence or kills the people, then the reformist minds will shift into 'regime change' mode sooner or later. I am supposed to get in touch with him within the next 8-9 hours to have more updates for you after he's back from the planned rally today. My friend emphasized on the growing anger of the people in the streets of Tehran. He said people do feel they are cheated.

He says the main chants have been: 'Death to Dictator'; 'Change, Change'; 'We want freedom' and many other anti-theocracy slogans. Photos

Excellent images from Iran

No comments: