Friday, February 06, 2009

Blagojevich as anti-hypocrite Pol

Or my accurate, a Pol who embraced his inner dirtbag. It's true. From TNR by Jacob Gershman: Crazy Like a Fox,
Ironically, Blagojevich was aided by the notorious reputation that preceded his indictment. Illinois was already quite familiar with his old-school backroom antics. "I come out of the alleys of Chicago politics," he told The New York Times. "That's a tough place. The politics there is not motivated by idealism or high purpose. It's nuts and bolts, and you scratch my back, I'll scratch yours. I came up that way." Blagojevich was liberated from the charges of hypocrisy that tormented politicians like Eliot Spitzer, who cracked down on prostitution rings, and Larry Craig, who fought against gay marriage. In his interviews, Blagojevich came across as a man clearly comfortable in his own skin. Blagojevich, in the words of Miller, "embraced his inner dirtbag."

No comments: