Monday, June 02, 2008

Pfleger on Sin, Racism, and America

More YouTube of P-Cubed (Prophetic Powerful Pulpiteer) via Illinois Review,



From the Sun Times in 2004 on Obama's Faith,
Obama says he reads the Bible, though not as regularly as he'd like, now that he's on the campaign trail. But he does find time to pray.

"It's not formal, me getting on my knees," he says. "I think I have an ongoing conversation with God.... I'm constantly asking myself questions about what I'm doing, why I am doing it.

"The biggest challenge, I think, is always maintaining your moral compass."

Friends and advisers, such as the Rev. Michael Pfleger, pastor of St. Sabina Roman Catholic Church in the Auburn- Gresham community on the South Side, who has known Obama for the better part of 20 years, help him keep that compass set, he says.

"I always have felt in him this consciousness that, at the end of the day, with all of us, you've got to face God," Pfleger says of Obama. "Faith is key to his life, no question about it. It is central to who he is, and not just in his work in the political field, but as a man, as a black man, as a husband, as a father.... I don't think he could easily divorce his faith from who he is."
Might be time to ask again ...what I'm doing, why I am doing it. People are wondering.

Update: And Axelrod was going to do a Pfleger documentary... Aaron Klein via Rezko Watch.
Further connection between Axelrod and Pfleger was revealed this weekend by the Chicago Sun-Times, which reported Obama's strategist was engaged in a project to film a documentary about Pfleger.

Axelrod confirmed to the Sun-Times by e-mail the film project has "been dormant for much of the last two years due to other commitments."

No comments: