Monday, March 05, 2007

Obama, Fatherhood and conception

From the Senator's speech in Selma,
We understand that, but I'll tell you what. I also know that, if cousin Pookie would vote, get off the couch and register some folks and go to the polls, we might have a different kind of politics. That's what the Moses generation teaches us. Take off your bedroom slippers. Put on your marching shoes. Go do some politics. Change this country! That's what we need. We have too many children in poverty in this country and everybody should be ashamed, but don't tell me it doesn't have a little to do with the fact that we got too many daddies not acting like daddies. Don't think that fatherhood ends at conception. [Baar's emphasis] I know something about that because my father wasn't around when I was young and I struggled.
Now square that with Illinois's funding of Embryonic Stem Cell research

No comments: