Monday, February 13, 2006

Complex Issue with enormous moral consequences

Posted yesterday on Illinoiz

That was Blagojevich's comment in response to a question to himself and Eisendrath on whether they would support a statewide referendum on the future of the death penalty in today's Herald,
Neither candidate supported a statewide vote on the future of the death penalty.

“It’s too complex an issue with enormous moral consequences to be left to a simple ‘yes’ or ‘no’ question on the ballot,” Blagojevich said.

Only Oberweis among the GOP bunch agreed with them saying
“The legislature and the governor have the ability to express the will of the people on this issue”
I feel competent to tackle the big moral issues. I trust my neigbors too. I'd vote against death penatly but I read about sexual sadist and murderer Paul Runge and I might change my mind.

Put it do a vote though. It's complex. Voters know it. But bottom line is it is a simple yes or no question. The hard ones often are.

No comments: