Wednesday, February 22, 2006

Bombing of the Shia shrine in Samarra

Iraq the Model on shrine bombing via PJ Media.
From where I'm sitting now I can hear both Sunni and Shia mosques are condemning the attack through their loudspeakers.

I believe there are foreign terror groups behind this attack and I don't think local insurgent would do such a thing, simply because this particular shrine had been in Sunni territory for a thousand years and the residents of Samarra had always benefited from the movement of religious tourism and pilgrimage.

Things look scary here in Baghdad and I hope there won't be more updates to report as I can't see a positive thing coming out of this.
Maybe Sunni and Shia mosques jointly condemning an attack by foreign terrorists will be the good thing to come of it.

No comments: