Friday, January 27, 2006

rumors of your pending retirement

From Wednesday's interview with Hugh Hewitt:

HEWITT: A penultimate question, Mr. Secretary. Your friend and mine, Frank Gaffney, tells me he does not believe rumors of your pending retirement. Are you intending to stay the course in the Pentagon?

[Laughter].

SECRETARY RUMSFELD: That's funny. Frank's a good guy. You know him, huh?

HEWITT: Yes.

SECRETARY RUMSFELD: Wonderful. No, I have no plans other than to keep doing what I'm doing. The President's asked me to stay on and I'm doing that.

I would add this, however, that being able to serve with the men and women in uniform during a time of peril for our country is an honor and a privilege, and I feel grateful that I'm able to be involved and to be working with such truly wonderful people.

http://www.dod.mil/transcripts/2006/tr20060125-12372.html

No comments: