Thursday, June 23, 2005

DURBIN STATEMENT ON MILITARY ACTION AGAINST IRAQ

When Democrat's stood for something: Durbin's December 17, 1998 Press Release on Military Action against Iraq.

via WSJ's James Taranto's Best of the Web today.

The record clearly shows that he [Saddam Hussein] has harassed American and United Nations inspectors, ordered the destruction of important documents in anticipation of inspections and hampered the ability of inspectors to carry out their mission. His defiant protection of his weapons of mass destruction cannot go unanswered.
...

I call on those who question the motives of the president and his national security advisors to join with the rest of America in presenting a united front to our enemies abroad.
--Sen Dick Durbin, December 17, 1998

I voted for Gore because I couldn't stand Bush's criticism of Clinton's Nation Building efforts.

I couldn't stand Bush's jokes about his own intellect when I was reading what Clinton and Durbin were telling me about Saddam Hussein.

I thought joking about your smarts a horrible thing to do for an American Presidential candidate when people sought our annihilation.

They wouldn't understand an American leader joking about himself and see it as a sign of American weakness.

Man do things change.

No comments: