Thursday, February 17, 2005

Faith

I attend Church at the Unitarian Universalist Society of Geneva. Here is our covenant,


Being desirous of promoting practical goodness in the world, and aiding each other in our moral and religious improvement, we have associated ourselves together: not as agreeing in opinion, not as having attained universal truth in belief or perfection in character, but as seekers after Truth & Goodness.

I believe in Universal Salvation after life, and I believe in Democratic Univseralism while alive. That's why, after voting for Democrats since George McGovern in 1976 through Al Gore in 2000, I changed and voted --enthusiastically-- for George Bush in 2004.

Bush's second Inaugural Speech sums it up for me. I don't think I've ever been so for a politician as I've been for President Bush.


America has need of idealism and courage, because we have essential work at home the unfinished work of American freedom. In a world moving toward liberty, we are determined to show the meaning and promise of liberty.

No comments: